Backend Developer (Full or Part-time)
This is an exciting opportunity to support wtv. with its continuous effort to create best in breed web application that makes the world a better place.
We’re looking for a Backend Developer to join our engineering team and are comfortable working in close collaboration with stakeholders. As an effective collaborator, you will be able to contribute directly to the project in a quick and efficient manner, as well as work with a new team to help increase both their quality and velocity. With a keen eye for attention to detail and creative flair, you can develop elegant solutions that bring life to the project design vision.
All candidates must live in the United Kingdom and hold valid Right to Work status in the UK.
- You will be responsible for architecting and building applications, as well as coordinating with the team on set deliverables
- You will have strong collaboration skills and enjoy an environment that freely exchanges ideas and viewpoints
- Experience with real time communication and streaming protocols is a distinct advantage
Experience and Skills
- 3-6 years of NodeJs work experience
- Solid understanding of web standards
- Strong knowledge of OOP and functional programming
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Have used source control like Git
- Strong Experience in NodeJs and some of its frameworks (I.e., Express, NestJs) is required.
- Knowledge of API Gateways implementation is a plus.
- Familiar with testing suits like Jest/Mocha
- Knowledge of container technology e.g Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.