Business Development Representative
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to seek new business opportunities by contacting and building relationships with potential customers to secure qualified sales opportunities and contribute to our long-term business growth.
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience identifying and connecting with leads and introducing a target number of qualified sales opportunities to Account Managers and Sales Directors. You will use your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with customers using outward bound methods such as phone, email, LinkedIn, social media and attendance at relevant networking events.
If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a dynamic, international team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Responsible for introducing and qualifying new business opportunities through outbound activity including qualified leads from marketing campaigns
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, LinkedIn, emails and other channels.
- Present our company’s products & services to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate product & services with focus on key products and profitability
- Conduct on-line product demos where required
- Set up meetings or calls between client prospects and Account Managers/Sales Directors.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities across clearly defined market sectors
- Report weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results to the Sales Leadership Team
- Stay up to date with products & services and pricing packages
Requirements and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Ability to quickly learn and share product and service knowledge
- Organisational and time management skills
- Product demo skills (non-technical)
- Resilience and determination
- Conversational and good quality writing skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analysing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics and reporting requirements
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- A second European language would be an advantage
Salary & Reward Package
Competitive salary plus commission scheme based on activity targets, pipeline metrics i.e., number of qualified leads generated, conversion rates and signed revenues.
Hybrid working arrangements with minimum 2 days in our London based office.