Business Finance Analyst
The Business Finance Analyst role sits within the group finance team. You will be required to partner with senior leaders across the business including international sales, account management, operations and project managers and support the Group Finance Director to manage the planning cycles, reporting and analysis for the business.
We are looking for someone who shows real passion, energy and excitement for growing our products and services and making a real difference. You will have commercial business partnering experience in a similar role and promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement to achieve profitability targets.
Applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Liaising with sales & operational teams to ensure timely, accurate financial collation of monthly data and provision of reports to project leads
- Challenge data collation process and look for process improvements to increase speed and accuracy
- Manage pricebook changes and control process to police exceptions
- Ensure billing opportunities are maximised in line with contracts
- Client profitability analysis, identifying any under-performing contracts
- Review current processes and look to streamline, automate, and speed up the work productivity
- Produce revenue and profit margin reports by customer and by product
- Monitoring of products licence renewals, unbilled WIP and client advances and reconciliation to ensure amounts unbilled are kept low
- Provie month-end variance analysis, outlining emerging trends or issues and sharing actionable insights
- Take a lead in delivering robust & accurate financial forecasts, identifying risks & opportunities, presenting forecast to senior stakeholders
- To develop a suite of analytical tools and programmes; and enhance the current sales forecast models to improve accuracy and provide commercial insight KPI reporting for monthly board report
- Process purchase invoices and staff expenses
- Onboarding, financial systems training &support for new employees
Skills & Requirements
- Part qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA or equivalent experience
- Experience with revenue and profitability analysis
- Hands on and commercially minded
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and present information in a way that is understandable for different audiences
- Ability to work flexibly, prioritise and embrace change
- Excellent time management skills and a self-motivated team player
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with remote and on-site team members
- Strong work ethic: attention to detail and accuracy is fundamental
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Dealhub and Xero
Location: Hoxton Square, London - you will be required to work from the office 2-3 days a week.
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 per annum plus company benefits (including 25 days annual leave and bonus)