Virtual Award Ceremony
The Barchester Care Awards celebrate excellence in quality of care by recognising individuals that go the extra mile to make a difference.
The awards are open to employees from all of Barchester’s 240 care homes and hospitals across the UK.
Due to the pandemic, this event had to be held virtually instead of in a hotel and it was essential to replicate the typical energy and attendee-interactivity that everyone had come to expect from the Award.
- Residents from over 54 Care homes across the UK were invited to watch the live ceremony from their communal lounges via a SMART TV, connected to a laptop streaming the show.
- The CEO, co-hosts and award winners connected remotely via Zoom, from their respective homes.
- wtv. managed the full platform design & live production of this event with a team of experts and technicians from a studio outside London.
- wtv. provided a fully branded Barchester Healthcare, remote-capture app, that enabled the homes to generate authentic, high-quality video content of their Chef of the Year Cook off . This content was played back during the live award show.
- wtv.’s creative team developed branded assets for the event, including lower thirds and intersectional stings to lift the production of the show. Graphics, drum rolls and sound effects were included to create the atmosphere of a physical awards ceremony.