UNESCO 2020 GLOBAL EDUCATION MEETING (GEM)
UNESCO required an event to virtually engage with their supporters, donors and partners to show the work it is doing in response to the Covid-19 emergency and to elevate humanitarian situations that have been exacerbated in this period.
wtv. was commissioned to manage a complex Zoom event across 2 days, allowing for multiple parallel breakouts groups, with attendees having the option for simultaneous interpretation of the 6 UN languages, and streaming to YouTube for the wider non-attendee audience.
Virtual Event Highlights
- Over 100 live segments with high level government speakers over two days.
- Management of five concurrent breakout sessions on Zoom by wtv. producers
- Live simultaneous interpretation into 6 official United Nations languages using Zoom interpretation channels.
- wtv. managed the live streaming of the meeting to UNESCO’s Youtube channels with up to three language feeds: English, French and Spanish.
- wtv.’s live event production team hosted the live event on Zoom, managing speaker onboarding, the presentation of slides and the play-in of pre-recorded videos.
- wtv.’s Creative Services Team created a highlights video overnight from the Day 1 session for use during Day 2, as well as an overall event highlight film.
“the wtv. global team was flexible and responsive to our requirements,
enabling us to deliver a high-level global event.”
Vivian Leung, Associate Programme Specialist, UNESCO
live. creative. platforms.
Header image: © Tdh/Ollivier Girard